Thursday, July 17, 2008

Two hours to shop







Today was the only day I could get to The Taos Plaza where all the shops are located. And I only had a couple of hours before I had to be at the workshop in the afternoon. I took the Chile Line city shuttle--40 minutes up there, 10 to get back. It's a loop.

I was on a mission to find a Zuni bear fetish necklace for myself. Don't ask me why, but I suddenly wanted one. The expensive stores wanted WAY more money than I was willing to part with. But I found two cute ones in my price range. So now this is what I wear: Keith's Valentine Irish heart and two Zuni bears---all at the same time. It would look funny in Port Angeles, but it looks perfectly normal here. (This photo was taken on a big tile).

As for an authentic Zuni bear fetish necklace, I'll try to find one at the Pueblo tomorrow. I'd rather have one from the Indians there than from a fancy upscale shop anyway.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think can guess where your next vacation with Keith is going to be. lol. Have you booked the O'Keefe room yet?

Unknown said...

Oops - I think "I" can guess...

I need an editor too. ;-)

Big Yellow Daisy said...

Yeah, see, Marcie? We all need editors, even award-winning writers. :-D