Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Sagebrush Inn


Every- thing is made of adobe here, or at least looks a lot like adobe. The Sagebrush Inn is really quite beautiful. . . and you gotta love all the aromatic sagebrush. Georgia O'Keeffe spent something like 6 months at this very place back in the 1930s, and painted here. It's a VERY peaceful, quiet place, and I highly recommend it for anyone thinking of visiting Taos. The only downside is that it's a couple of miles away from the Taos Plaza, the main part of town with all the shops, restaurants and museums.

On the other hand, maybe that's why this adobe gem is so peaceful and quiet. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, I am not only envious, I am jealous as well! Sounds like a great place, one I would like to visit one day.
Big Yellow Daisy is the perfect name - it fits your sunny personality as well. :-)
Marcie

Big Yellow Daisy said...

Awww, Marcie...what a nice thing to say. About the daisy. :-)

I knew I was right to put you, using your name, in my novel as the main character's best friend!

Nancy